There is nothing more fun than ganging up on a FWD Chevy with two classic police cruisers. I am too obsessed with making videos of Driver: San Francisco because this game is so damn fun for car film aficionados.
Tag Archives: police
This weekend, I drove to Dallas and I saw the police fishing for speeders where I-35 splits (looks like they caught a few, too). This reminds me of how careful one has to be if one chooses to speed. I’m not condoning speeding, but be careful if you do and remember these tips.
- Find yourself a blocker. This person should be already speeding. If you can’t find one immediately, just do the speed limit and one will appear.
- If the blocker is moving as fast as you’d like, give him a 10-15 car length lead. This will allow you to be warned if there are any speed traps ahead because he will either slow down or get caught first.
- Try an avoid being stuck in a cluster of car because not only does it not give you an escape route, but you could be randomly picked for a speeding ticket.
- Stay alert! You’re not in the clear even with a blocker. Keep an eye out for any vehicles parked on the side of the highway or any place that can hide a vehicle.
- If you see a police car or motorcycle cop, lift you foot off the gas. The car will naturally loose speed without the tell-tale sign of nosedive associated with braking. It also helps to know your vehicle and know how fast it can slow down naturally.
- Keep an eye on your mirrors. Sometimes the police will sneak up on you and pace you (match your speed). This is how they catch speeders without radar.
Again, I’m not condoning speeding, but be alert about it. It’s a gamble and the prize is not getting a speeding ticket. Also by being alert and paying attention you’ll be able to react quicker than the other drivers if something does happen. Be responsible out there!